Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Stockings

One of my goals this year was to knit us all new Christmas stockings for our family. I had made our previous ones and they were very cute. The only problem was that I only made three and then didn't have the right materials to make any more. So I thought since I knit, and I've always loved knit stockings, I would knit us some new ones. I started in June and I got done around October. I tried to knit the kids some Christmas sweaters after I finished the stocking and that just didn't work out. Milo's was too small and Olive's isn't finished. But, at least the stockings are done! 

I am really happy with how they turned out! Scott's is red, mine is gray, Olive's is white and Milo got the stripes. You might not be able to tell from the picture but they are all different designs. The red is bobble rows, the grey is cabled, the white is a woven pattern and then obviously the stripes. It was kinda cool to try out the different designs for each stocking. 

I had to post a close up of Olive's. Although it might not look like it, it was the most difficult pattern that I have ever knit. I had to start over three times. It really took a lot of concentration to figure out what I was doing.  Most of the time, once I do a pattern for a few rows then I can just see what I'm doing and continue but with this I had to read every line of the instructions very carefully. It was very intricate and complicated but I do think it turned out beautifully. And all the hard work paid off because it is quite the high quality stocking. 

I'm so happy about all the matching stockings now. And it will be easy to add more if it is ever needed.  But mostly it feels good to actually pass off a goal I made last January! 



2 comments:

krissy o said...

Your stockings are beautiful! I can tell how much time and effort went into that white one - sublime!

Vickie said...

They turned out so beautiful!

 
UA-18211205-1