Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Activities....

We have been having a lot of fun this year doing our usual traditions to get ready for Christmas. Our kids are at such a fun age and so that makes it extra fun to do these things for them.
We had a Christmas movie night and watched Charlie Brown Christmas. We are still planning to have another one so we can watch Elf. 

Before ut started Milo got all snuggled up to me with his blankie and snacks and it was adorable. But that only lasted for 5 minutes and then he was off and exploring. 

He quickly learned that daddy had candy so he cozied up to him. 
I did a little bit of research to try and find the best houses/neighborhood with Christmas lights for our drive this year. It's our tradition to wear pj's while we drive around. I got the kids all ready in their jambes so when Scott got home we could head out. Then Olive was so devistated when we weren't going to get in our pj's too. So it was a family pajama-ed event! 
All tucked in with blankies and treats and ready to go!
Milo really really enjoyed seeing all the lights. He kept saying "ooohhh" and "aaawww" and "woohoo" ( I love when he says that!) It was so cute!

This house was so maxed out with lights. It was the last house we saw and we were debating if we should even drive out to it because it was getting late, but it was so worth it! 


Christmas Street! I had never been here before but it was such a cute and charming little street. I think that is making our tradition list! 
Olive really liked the first neighborhood we went to because they had 'Twas the night before Christmas story in the front yards of the whole street. I hadn't remembered it until we drove there but we used to go all the time when I was a kid!


We've also been trying to do some FHE's about Christmas to help us learn that Christmas is about celebrating Jesus' birth. One of my friends had this cute idea that she did with her primary class and I totally stole it for our activity. 
We colored popcicle stick manger scenes. We talked about who the people in the manger were and why they were there. It was pretty fun. The kids actually participated so I always count that as a winner. 

Our finished products. 
Working hard!

Don't worry, we still of one more week until Christmas and rest assured it is crammed full of Christmas activities!




1 comment:

Sheena said...

Fun! In Wisconsin there were only a few people in each neighborhood that would put lights on their homes and here in New York it's even worse! I miss being able to drive around see all of the great decorated homes in Utah!

 
UA-18211205-1