Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Tree

As Olive is getting older I want to start some traditions for our family. For Thanksgiving we have been making a Thankful Tree. Every night before bed we each pick something we are thankful for and put it on a leaf.


It has been so much fun hearing Olive pick the things she is thankful for. She actually seems to (kinda) understand. Some of my favorites from her selections are Kitty, hands, slippers, and of course Mommy and Daddy. She also usually makes us draw pictures to accompany her choice.

Olive herself has made the list quite a few times for different reasons. This has really been a great activity for our family and helps us think about Thanksgiving all month. It gives more relevance than just a big (delicious) dinner one day out of the month, which don't get me wrong I am anxiously awaiting. Seriously I have been wanting yams and mashed potatoes all month! But I really am thankful for the Thankful Tree.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That tree is so cute! What a fun idea.

 
UA-18211205-1