Monday, November 22, 2010

Olive met Ariel. Now They are Together Forever.

Olive has discovered The Little Mermaid and she is in LOVE with it. She talks about it all the time. She asks to watch it about 20 times a day. While reading her Disney princess book she likes to look at the Ariel and Eric pages the best. She is seriously obsessed.

Olive will watch most shows but after about 15 minutes gets distracted and wants to do something else, which I thought was pretty normal. While watching the Little Mermaid she will sit in one spot and watch the entire movie . It's kinda amazing to me. I mean, look at that concentration! She is not messing around. Also Olive will watch it over and over again. The awesome part about that is this movie now works as a great incentive and motivator because she doesn't want to loose a chance to watch it. Olive is a very obedient little girl, but if you mention the Little Mermaid she will immediately do what you want.

My favorite part of it all is that this was also my favorite movie as a child. It brings back so many memories as I hear to songs. We spent hours pretending to be Ariel. Who hasn't acted out the rock scene while swimming? I am loving that she likes to watch the movies that I treasured when I was little. It has been so fun to share these things with her. Have I mentioned that I love having a 2 year old? Sounds crazy but it is so fun to have her get excited about things I love, like the Little Mermaid!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little mermaid was my favorite movie as a child. Good choice Olive! I miss you guys!!! Hope you are all doing so well...maybe I will see you soon?

Mary said...

I still have that movie memorized. She has good taste!

 
UA-18211205-1