Friday, November 12, 2010

Crocheted Flower Bag

I typically knit or crochet things as gifts because I think it is nice to give homemade things (although I know some people thing that is lame). Typically they are baby sized items because they are small and less time consuming. But I found a super cute pattern for a bag and thought, "I must find a purpose for that bag!" So here is the first thing I have crocheted myself (other than a scarf).

I really like how it turned out and I am pretty proud of it. I was a little intimidated at first because the bag seemed big and hard (it turned out bigger than I had imagined). In actuality it is a breeze because you just make the small squares and then patch them together.

Here is a detail shot.

I have been seeing these types of crocheted bags in tons of stores so I am excited to use mine. Now I just have to figure out what the perfect purpose for it is. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Super cute! If you ever wanted to take a project somewhere to work on (I always take mine in the car when we drive to see Kent's family), you could put your supplies in the bag.

Mary said...

Very cute!

Lindsey said...

Grocery shopping! Then you don't use plastic. Perfect for when you have small items. But then I guess you have to be careful that they don't think you are stealing :)

I think homemade gifts are the best kind. Who would think they are lame?

 
UA-18211205-1