Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Milo helping me make the yams. Did you know that yams one of, in not my most favorite item at Thanksgiving dinner? I always like to volunteer to make them because then we get all the yummy left overs. 

Olive showing off her turkey shirt. This shirt has sure served us well considering this is her 3rd Thanksgiving wearing it. 

We had to document our cute new Thanksgiving sweaters, it's tradition!

Oh these three fill my life with such joy and happiness. Aren't they sooo cute?

Milo showing off his stamp. 

Since it is tradition to get new sweaters I decided to knit them for the kids this year. I used them for their photo shoot earlier this month but the real reason I made them was Thanksgiving. I think they look adorbs!

This is the best group shot we could get! 
We met our cousins at the movie theater to see Frozen. Olive was in heaven sitting between Tayna and Veronika. It was such a cute movie and we had a lot of fun!
The boys waiting for the movie to start. Milo only lasted for about 3/4 of the movie but that is an improvement so we were happy. 

Then it was off to my parents house for dinner. I was also in charge of the rolls and this was my first time ever making them from scratch. They turned out so good. And I thought they were so beautiful that I had to document them!

This was the only shot I got for the rest of the night. We let the kids stay up late and the adults actually got to play games. With school and things now it is not very often that we get to stay over late. It was really fun to play cards with everyone and it made me realize how much I miss it!

On Friday morning we woke up early and headed down for a beautiful weekend in St George. Timmy got sick and so we brought Tanya down with us. She had serious celebrity status in our car and both kids wanted to hold her hand (don't mind Milo's foot!) To save her poor arms we moved Olive back there with Tanya and Milo eventually fell asleep. We love our Tanya girl!

Because the rest of Tanya's family didn't come we let Olive have her first ever "sleep over" with Tanya and Kelsee in the extra room. I think it made Olive's entire universe! They stayed up late and watched movies. Then they stayed up later and talked and giggled. Olive was right there with them every step and never got tired or cranky. If something fun is going on she can fight sleep like it's nobody's business. Then to top off a great night she got to sleep in bed between them. 

The Gouffs arrived the next day and Olive and Lizzie played their hearts out. One favorite was this princess set that they spent hours playing at the table. 
It was definitely a Thanksgiving for the history books!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1