Friday, December 20, 2013

Olive's Christmas Dance and Piano Recital

Olive's dance class had a little 10 minute performance at the end of her last class. It was pretty darn cute. I wasn't in the best spot for pictures  so I have a big glare/flare in all the pictures. Oh well.  

Little ballerina!






At school they had crazy hair day. Olive kept telling me what a big kid thing this was and how they never had crazy hair day at preschool. She was so proud of how "crazy" her hair turned out. But then when she got home she said that hers wasn't even the craziest. Apparently one girl came with spikes! 

Another funny story about school is that yesterday when I got her from school I asked the usual " How was your day?" and she said "It was not a good day at school today!" Surprised I asked her how come and she told me that at recess they  have to "run the paws" basically run a lap before they can play. Well this day, when she was running the paws a dog was there and it was chasing her as she was running around. It was pretty traumatic apparently. She said that finally another girl helped her out and got the teacher.
Olive had her first piano recital and she did so great. She told me as she was walking in that she was very nervous. They were performing at a retirement community. When I told her that probably some grandma's and grandpa's were going to come watch her and that  made her even more nervous. She has been working really hard on her song, Jingle Bells. We were so proud of her! She played it perfectly and all by herself! I feel like your first piano recital is a big milestone. How does she just keep getting bigger and bigger? A lot of the people there came up and told her what a good job she did and boy did she notice. They were charmed by her littleness I think. As we were leaving we told her what a good job she had done and she said "Old people love me!" Scott and I started laughing our heads off and then she said "What? They all came up and told me good job!" Well, one thing is for sure, she definitely doesn't lack confidence!






No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1