Milo and I started a mom and tot gymnastics last back in September. It was the same class that I did with Olive and loved. I've been anxiously waiting for Milo to be big enough to go with him. Poor second child though. Here is the documentation of Olive in her class. This is all I have managed to get of Milo! Only two photos!
It was a little bit of a rough start for Mr Milo. It is very hard to have to sit, take turns, and not climb on all the equipment. He cried a lot the first few times, I think mostly out of frustration. Somehow he got in his head that he didn't want to do the warm ups either. He would refuse to run around the circle with the other kids. He would just sit and pout in his spot and not move from his color. All the other kids had to run around him or I would have to move him out of the way. I'm still unsure why he didn't like doing it!
Sometimes he would get restless when there was a full class and we would have to wait for turns. But he has so much energy and is so strong I knew he would eventually love it. Finally, now that it is our second session, he is much more comfortable about how things run and what to do. He even does the warm ups.
For the first time ever he got chosen to be the "demonstrator kid" and show the kids what the teacher had set up for the obstacle course. He listened and did every station correctly. It was a big moment for him. And for me, seeing him up there. I was certainly proud.
He is getting so good. He can do a forward roll, almost unassisted. He LOVES to hang on the bars. His favorite way to swing is like a monkey, where you bring both of your feet up to the bar and wrap them around. He is always sure to do a monkey sound too. Milo is still unsure about flipping upside down on the bars.
He still likes to just flop on the trampoline and doesn't actually jump. His balance is getting so good. Last week he walked on the low beam and waved streamers in the air. He made it almost the whole way by himself with my arms at his side. He used to insist on holding on to my hand when he went. I think my favorite thing is when he has to pick up a beanie baby while walking on the beam. He always gives it a huge hug before he puts it back down.
Milo loves gymnastics and gets so excited on the mornings we get to go. Olive waits patiently with the other older siblings in the waiting area.
Here is the ribbon he got at the end of his first session. Look at how proud he is!



No comments:
Post a Comment