Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our 8th Anniversary

Yesterday was our 8th anniversary. As we were talking about it, it seems impossible that its been eight years. It has been twice the time that we were in high school. It is 2 2/3 the time that I was in college. It is 4 missions for Scott. How? How!! How amazing it has been? How do those things seem so momentous and important and this time has flown by? It has been momentous and important too. It has been so many things. Here we are eight years and two kids later and somehow I feel like we are entering the craziest time yet. I know that someday we will look back at when we had been married eight years and think how that was such blip on our journey. 

We spent our anniversary with the kids at Olive's soccer game and we wouldn't have it any other way. That is what it's all about and there is no better way to celebrate our marriage and relationship than with our kids doing their favorite things. And because Olive is so busy these days and has a big dance recital coming up we are going to have to postpone our official celebration for a week. Kids grow up and get busy! 

Last week at a girls night we were talking about opposites in relationships. My friend said to me "You and Scott aren't opposites at all. Everything is "ScottandMaren". What do ScottandMaren like? What do ScottandMaren want to do? " In so many ways that is so true. I feel enormously lucky that I found someone who I could spend every moment of every day with and still feel like it wasn't enough time. We love the same things and have a lot of the same interests and that has helped us create a rich and full life. These have been such an amazing eight years it is almost hard for me to put it into words. There have been too many happy, funny, joyous, proud, fulfilled moments that I can't name them. I am so blessed to be married to Scott and I sincerely love him with all my heart. 


Scott sent me these lovely flowers and this cute note: 
Mare-Bear I am so lucky to be married to you. This 8 years has gone so fast I cannot believe it. It has been such a fun time to be married to my best friend. I love doing everything with you. I also cannot believe that we have a little girl going to Kindergarten next year and a little two year old. We are a legit family and I love hanging out with all of you so much. Have a great day. Love you.

Best 8 Years Ever!!!



No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1