Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Milo's 2nd Birthday

Yesterday my little Milo turned 2 years old. How has this happened? These past two years have flown by. For the past few weeks we have been commenting on what a little boy he is becoming and it is magical to watch. We wanted to make it a special day and I think that Milo (and Olive) had a lot of fun. 
Of course we had to decorate.


I made him a birthday sign and the kids wore party hats to eat his birthday breakfast of donuts (that is kinda becoming a tradition around here)

YUM! Look at those cuties!

Then he walked into the dining room where his presents were waiting for him. His main gift was a cozy coupe car all his own and he squealed when he saw it. We had a hard time getting him out of that car. I think it was a pretty darn perfect gift. I love when that happens!


Since we couldn't get him out of his car he opened his next few presents in the car. Silly boy. 

He has been stealing Olive's water bottle for months now, so he officially got his own and as you can tell he was excited. 

Milo had a major melt down at a wiggle worms a few weeks ago because a boy had brought this Buzz Lightyear toy with him and wouldn't let Milo play with it. Milo wanted it so bad. It got crazy. So we knew that this gift from Olive would be a home run. He loved it and carried it around all day. 

The rest of the morning he just drove his car around the house.

He was in heaven.

I thought it would be fun to take a trip to the zoo to celebrate Milo's special day. We were lucky that it was a gorgeous day and not too crowded. Our friends came and celebrated with us. It was such a fun time. 
They have a Lego display at the zoo right now. When you first walk in there is a big play area with all these blocks and my kids loved playing in there. Olive asked "Mom, did we go to Legoland again?" but then by the end she was like "Legoland has way better lego stuff." and I was like "Well that is because this is the zoo" and she said "Ooooohhhhh!" It was pretty hilarious. 

It was one of our best zoo trips because the animals were out and playing and it was so fun. We watched the elephants for awhile because they were just hanging out and spraying water with their trunks right by us. Good times.


Then when we went to see the gorillas they were wrestling and fighting and the kids loved watching it. 

My little monkeys. 

We admired the Lego polar bear. 

Milo didn't like any of the exhibits where the water comes against the glass. He must of felt like he was in the cage or something and would freak out. So he found other ways to stay entertained, like feeling and touching everything he could get his hands on....

or playing with the touch screen tv for a long long time. 

The big girls however loved it and watched the seals and sea lion swim around. Oh hello there! I think this picture looks like the sea lion is trying to sneak up on them.

Best friends climbing on the lions. 

We had to ride the carousel. Olive of course wanted to ride a "baby" so we found the baby elephant.

Milo and Houston (and Boston) chilled with Cassie in the peacock. What more could a kid want? 

It was getting late and hot so we decided as a special treat to get a giant slurpee and the kids were SO excited. Look at this cute birthday boy. Oh me melts my heart. 



I love this picture so much because they are loving their slurpee so much that neither of them will stop drinking to say cheese. Must keep drinking!

Look at that giant thing! He loved every drop of it too.  He deserved it, sweet birthday boy!


It was such a fun time and these two had a great time playing together. 

Then we came home and while the exhausted kids slept I made Milo's birthday bundt cake. I think it turned out really good. 

We do their favorite food for birthday dinner, and since Milo loves just about anything, we got him pizza as a safe bet. 

We had to take a break for Olive's soccer game but when we got back we blew out the candles and sang Happy Birthday to Milo. He now knows how to sing the song and it is about the cutest thing you have ever heard. He loved blowing out the candles and kept saying, "Hot, Hot!" when it was lit. 

The night was topped off with a visit from cousins and more gifts. He got a fire truck and ambulance and let's just say he hasn't stopped playing with them. 

I love the big kids "helping" Milo. I think they liked playing with everything as much as he did!


And lastly, Milo modeling his new jersey. He was way more into his birthday and opening presents and being excited about them than I thought he was going to be. I think he had a really fun day and loved everything he got. He is such a funny, silly, energetic, and fun loving boy. He is sometimes very independent and intense but I know those will be huge assets for him. He really is a dear and sweet boy  and nothing quite pierces my heart like hearing him say "I wuve you". Happy Birthday Milo! You make us so happy and we love you dearly!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1