Monday, January 30, 2012

Olive's First Trip to the Dentist

About a week ago I took Olive to the dentist for the first time. It is a pediatric dentist and I really liked the office and the staff.  I almost started tearing up when I looked over and saw Olive in the dentist chair. She was so big and grown up. As usual, she just walked right into that big chair and was so ready for whatever was going to happen. This girl lives for new things and experiences. It's one of my favorite things about her.

We had talked about what was going to happen before we went. She knew that they were going to look at her teeth and then brush them with a silly, toothbrush that tickled your teeth. She was amazing during the Xrays. The assistant said that she was better than lots of older kids at the Xrays. 

Olive was also charming the pants off of everyone, like always. When the dentist came in he said "Hello Olive, I'm Dr.___. It's nice to meet you" and Olive said "Hello Dr. ___, it's nice to meet you too!" We were all laughing. She likes going around and telling people that she loves them, so I am pretty sure that she told the dentist and the assistant that she loved them.
Olive was seriously so brave, even with the other little girl in the next chair screaming bloody murder, Olive was totally fine. She is actually really excited to go back because she left with a whole bag full of "prizes" like a new toothbrush and toothpaste and stickers. Yeah, she is easy to please. But Olive did remember the secret password so she got the superhero cape to help her fight cavities.

Other than the loot bag she got she really liked that she got to watch Princess and the Frog on a tv in the ceiling. That and showing off her sparkle TOMS to everyone there. She is just growing up way to fast!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1