Oh my Milo! He is almost eight months old. I am a bit shocked at how much he has changed just in this past month.
He has started babbling. It's adorable. His favorite is mamamama. Olive is convinced that he can say mom and Ollie, which I think is so cute. She tries to teach him other things to say. Like his sister he likes to talk and use his voice, especially during church. He also still gets excited and kicks his legs like crazy. He still loves bouncing and will bounce his little legs until your arms hurt.
He is very inquizitive. It's so different than Olive. He examines everything he discovers. He twists it and turns it in his hands. He tries to see what moves and makes noise. He likes textures. Olive liked to just sit and listen to books but Milo wants to hold them and put them in his mouth. He likes to bang things together to see what they do. I just can't get over how interested he is in things where Olive was interested in what was going on around her. I can get Milo to play for quite awhile with toys and Olive was never that interested. If he is in your arms he will try to grab anything in reach. If he is sitting in his bumbo he will arch and reach and stretch to to try and get something to look at.
He is almost crawling. He will hold himself up on all for and try to rock back and forth. He will turn himself around on his tummy so he can face the action. He pushes himself backwards on his tummy and often gets himself stuck in corners or under things.
He has been sitting up for about 3 weeks now. He is pretty stable these days and I don't have to worry so much about him toppling over. He likes his little gym now more than ever since he can sit and play with things.
Sometimes I just leave his pants off so I can look at his chubby legs. I mean look at those. They are wonderful and I love them.
Milo is so easy these days. He sleeps for 12 hours at night and takes a 2 hour nap. He is easy to put down and likes his crib. He is just so easy these day. I love spending my days with this sweet boy. He is just growing up way too fast. Is it just me or does it go way faster with your second?
1 comment:
I wish I could squeeze those legs through the computer screen! And I agree with you on the second kid growing faster. It's like one day you wake up, and they're not a baby anymore!
Post a Comment