Monday, January 9, 2012

Olive LOVES Ballet

The highlight of my Christmas season was Olive's ballet performance. It was the best thing ever! Seriously! I think it was the peak of her life so far. Olive was ecstatic to get to wear a costume and dance ballet. The performance was "A Christmas Dream" and the Kinderdance class were toy teddy bears in Santa's workshop. How adorable is she?

 Olive goes to the Ballet Center that is just a street away from our house. We wold walk there when it was warmer. I love it for it's convenience but also because it's this school that has been there forever, you know? It has all this charm. This is Olive with her teacher Ms Danielle. She loves her teachers (a couple of the TAs are in our ward). I am so impressed with what their class teaches them. Olive can plie, releve, point and flex her toes and they also work on the ballet positions.
 These next few pictures were taken before the performance and you can see her excitement.

 I think Olive loved that she got to hang out backstage with all of these ballerinas in their beautiful costumes. She talked about them for a long time and all the things they did.

 See Olive at the bottom there? Yeah, she was in heaven.

 I had to include this picture because it has a funny story, at least I laugh when I see it. I told Scott to take a picture of the big ballerinas dancing so that Olive could see them, since she was backstage. Being the professional photographer that he is, he has a gigantic flash on his camera. As he took the picture he accidentally blinded all of us sitting around him in the dark. I was seeing spots it was so bright! Everyone that was there with us then got the giggles and had to really work to gain our composure. But at least we got the picture right?

 I was really proud of Olive. I thought there was an 80% chance that she would be the kid to stand and wave at us the whole time they were on stage. At least that is what she does if she sees us during class. I have to kind of hide out from her. But since the audience was dark she didn't necessarily think about us. She was the best dancer out there, honestly. She was so into it and jumping and skipping her little heart out. It was so awesome. I think we were all laughing the whole time at it's adorableness.  Olive felt so special that we got her a rose after her performance.
 It is honestly one of my all time favorite memories. I can't wait until the spring for her next performance!
 I had to include one of Olive and Tanya. Thanks to everyone that came, I'm pretty sure they agree with me, that it was the best ballet they have seen. If you didn't go I highly recommend you see the next one!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1