A few weeks ago Olive had her Progression night at ballet. This is where they show you all of the things they have been learning over the past year. Although Olive was excited about her "formance" she was not as enthusiastic as at Christmas. Maybe since they weren't wearing costumes it wasn't as exciting. Or maybe nothing will live up to the pure joy that was her dancing as a teddy bear.
Even more than dancing I think Olive was looking forward to hanging out back stage and coloring with her friends.
What I should really post is the videos. She just was doing whatever she wanted, and barley dancing. It was a little out of control. But she was very proud of herself at the end when it was time to bow. In fact she just kept on bowing. to bow Over and over she would bow. Since they were the first ones she just kept on going all they way up through the advanaced class. She might have barely danced, but she was sure confident.
Here she is smelling her flowers.
Yay for ballet! We are taking a break for the summer although that break might get extended. The last few weeks she was not interested in going to ballet and would just goof off most of the time. So we are going to try something else. I am really pushing for soccer but right now I can't convince her. I'm not sure what changed about ballet. It's funny because Olive loves ballerinas. Maybe she just likes admiring them from afar and not really being one.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment