A few days ago, randomly, Olive asked us when she gets to spend her money in her piggy bank. After talking about it, Scott and I decided that she wasn't necessarily saving it for anything in particular and if she wanted to spend some of it, she could. So, we told her on Saturday she could get out her piggy bank and take her money to the store.
We were pretty surprised when we counted up her money and she had over $50 dollars in there. She's been putting money in from Easter Eggs and birthdays but I had no idea it was that much. We were talking about money and how we earn it and such and she said to us "Well, I just find money, like in the laundry room and stuff, and that is how I get money so I don't have to earn it" At that moment we decided that we were going to start doing a chore chart and an allowance! Ultimately we decided that she could take all of her money and pick out something and if it was less than what she had, she could put some back in her piggy bank.
She brought her wallet in her purse because this is Olive we are talking about.
We actually spent so much time looking at toys. I really wanted to let her pick out what she wanted since it was her money. She kept telling me, "I want to look at everything before I decide" and she meant everything! We looked at My Little Pony....
and Princesses...
and Tinker Belle and everything else you could imagine a 5 year old girl would like.
In the end she decided on this Little Tikes Princess castle which cost all of her money but was also a perfect decision.
Then she played with it for two days straight.
Great first purchase Olive!









No comments:
Post a Comment