A few weeks ago we had a free Saturday and were wanting to do something fun outdoors. Scott suggested that we hike up to they Y assuring me that it was easy, kid friendly, and short. So we invited our cousins and went for it. Boy, does Scott have a terrible memory. It was steep and wicked hot with absolutely no shade. He was so confident in how easy it was, that we didn't even bring the backpack for Milo and that was a horrible, horrible mistake.
Olive was such a trooper and hiked all the way up with Tanya and didn't even complain once. We were so proud of her. She seemed like such a big girl.
Here is Olive sitting on the Y, making a Y with her arms. Such a cutie pie.
Milo and Tanya
It was a really pretty view. We were so hot though because we basically had to take turns carrying Milo all the way up. But it was worth it once we were up there. I was glad we did it especially because I've never been up to the Y before. I am an Aggie so it was never really something I was looking to do. A few weeks after our hike we drove by the Y and saw how high up on that mountain it is and we were pretty proud of ourselves.
I told Ollie to look at the camera but she said "It's too bright!"
Those two are just the best things ever!
We did it!!
To reward ourselves we stopped to get some ice cream and cool off at the BYU Creamery.
Yum!









No comments:
Post a Comment