Olive was quite excited for St Patrick's Day this year because at preschool they talked about Leprechauns and set a trap for one in their classroom. Since it was on a Sunday, she had to wait all weekend to find out if they caught one. She told me after class that they didn't catch the leprechaun but that it had made a mess of the room and turned some chairs upside down. She thought it was the funniest thing ever. We also didn't catch a leprechaun (those things are so sneaky) at our house but he did drop some of his gold (chocolate) in our kitchen.
Since it was Sunday, we didn't do a ton of activities but we did start off by coloring some leprechauns. I love Olive concentrating so hard. She has really become conscious of making things look nice and taking her time to color them. It seems so grown up to me when she is so careful and neat. It wasn't that long ago that she would just scribble anything without a second thought.
Isn't it a cute leprechaun?
Of course the leprechaun left us Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast in the morning. The kids loved it.
We all got on our best green Sunday outfits for church to be festive.
Then we had an "all green" lunch after church. Olive doesn't necessarily look all that thrilled in this picture but she really was excited. The main course was Harvarti cheese toasted on bread....I mean, it has green fleck in it. That was the best I could come up with! I had also made green jello. I thought I would be clever and put some kiwi's in it to make it extra fun. Who doesn't love green jello with a green fruit? Well, the jello never set up. We were so baffled. It wasn't until the end of the day that Scott googled it and it turns out that kiwi's have an enzyme that doesn't allow the jello to set up. Crazy!

Olive showing me her shamrock green pepper.
She requested green milk for lunch too which leaves you with awesome green mustaches.
Because it was on a Sunday I wasn't on my game and forgot/ just-didn't-do some of the things we like to do. Next year I want to make a full Irish dinner with soda bread. I've never done it before and I think it'd be fun, not to mention yummy. And I meant to have a hidden shamrocks in the house. Also, Olive loved the rooms being messed up so we'll have to do that for sure. It's just a little holiday, but we still love St Patty's Day!





No comments:
Post a Comment