Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt 2013

Some friends and I organized an Easter Egg Hunt for all the kids in the neighborhood. We did it last year and it was so fun and perfect that we wanted to do it again. This year though, it snowed the night before. So the morning of our hunt it was cold and snowy. We decided to just bundle the kids and do the hunt in the snow. It was a hunt to remember!
Here is the whole gang ready to go! They were all such good sports about it and the cold didn't seem to phase the kids one bit. Maybe it was knowing there was candy waiting for them.


Here is what it looked like all ready for the kids.


I don't think it was very effective to hide the eggs because I left a trail as I hid them.

For the little guys we just threw some eggs out on the snow. 

Look at these two cute boys! I just love this picture!


Olive was doing snow angels before we started. 


Olive was really into the hunt this year and trying to search out the eggs. 

It was kinda hard picking them up with ski gloves on though!





Milo was much less interested and just pushed this car around. It wasn't until his next hunt that he discovered that the eggs had candy in them.  
Here is everyone looking for the golden egg for a prize. We had to give some clues because we hid it so well. 
The kids with cousin Tanya. Have I mentioned what a dream it is to live next to your cousins? If I haven't, know that it's magical. Truly magical. 

Because we were going out of town for actual Easter Sunday, we celebrated a week early so after the hunt we decided to decorate our eggs since we were already in an Easter mood. 

Olive loved decorating the eggs. She liked mixing the colors. Milo wanted to throw everything we gave him so he wasn't allowed to touch the eggs. Olive got pretty into it and was drawing pictures and polka dots on her eggs. They all turned out so cute but I forgot to take a picture of them all after!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1