Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had such a fabulous, busy, fun Christmas this year. Here is a brief overview of all the festivities. (Sorry about the photos. My camera's flash broke and so I was taking most of the pics on Scott's camera that I am horrible at using. So a lot of the pictures are flashed out or just kinda crazy but they are memories right? Also, there are a ton of photos and sorry it's such a long post but it's not even 1/3 of everything I took that day!)

We started it all off with a Christmas eve luncheon at my aunt's house. It was so great getting to  see some cousins and for Olive to have some kids to play with since she is usually lonely at my family's get togethers. It was delicious food and so much fun but sadly way too short!

Then is was off to the other side of the family for some Christmas eve traditions.  After stuffing ourselves silly on Chinese food we were entertained by a wonderful nativity program.
 

 Olive was very excited because she and Tommy got to be Mary and Joseph. They were the cutest ever and took their roles very seriously.
 Look at that cute clan. The kids did it all themselves, with some direction, and I was way impressed.
Then we opened our Christmas jammies. Don't they look adorable?  In our family the adults also get new Christmas jammies. This year all of the girls got pajama jeans. Have you seen those? I think Scott was more excited than me about them. They are pretty sweet!

 This year we also started an awesome tradition of a pajama parade after everyone was changed. They loved marching through the house and thinking up different moves to perform as they passed us. The biggest hit was definitely "old man pants" and I will just let you imagine because some of the pictures will scar you forever.
 Then is was rush rush home and rush rush to get the presents all out before it was insanely late.  Christmas morning was pretty awesome! I don't think Olive remembered that much from Christmas last year and only knew what we had talked about or told her would happen. She loved all her presents, it was just a lot to take in all that was happening that morning I think. I was picturing in my  mind some great reactions but was worried that she was disappointed with things. It has been really cute though because as she has had a few days to check out all her loot she will randomly thank us for something that she got. In a way that is kinda perfect because I know she is loving each thing.
 Scott got us matching aviators.
 Olive got Scott a ukulele, or" baby guitar" as she calls it. She was with me when we bought it and I was pretty proud that she didnt' give it away because usually she tells everyone what they are getting.
 The one thing that Olive has been asking for consistently for months was a purple unicorn. She also wanted a pillow pet. I was so stoked when I could make both happen with one gift!! And that thing has not left her side for 3 days.
 I like to make each child a gift for one of their presents she here is Olive modeling her new dress along with a scarf that I knit her.
 Olive's main present was a pair of pink sparkle TOMS. She kept telling me all the other people that also have TOMS. I would say she was pretty excited to join the group!
 Here is our diva fashionista all ready to head over to grandparents houses for more presents and fun!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those shoes are fabulous! I'm glad you all had such a fun Christmas. We got your card today - it's very cute. James squealed with delight when he recognized Olive. He's been talking about "Olive's baby" all day.

And have I told you how much I love your new hair color? It looks great on you!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Oh my goodness - your hair is so long and blond! I LOVE it! Those are adorable shoes...too bad my girls have me as their mother, I am so not hip!

 
UA-18211205-1