Monday, December 5, 2011

Olive Loves Tanya

I was wondering what to blog about today and started browsing through some pictures to get inspired In an instant I knew exactly what to blog about. 

Olive has many cousins, 7 of them are girls, and 6 of those girls are much older than Olive. This circumstance is truly an amazing blessing because at any given moment Olive has a cool older cousin doting on her, taking care of her every need.
But, there is one cousin that holds a very special place in Olive's heart. That cousin in Tanya.
 
This is a picture of Olive and Tanya at our annual family Christmas party two nights ago. As I was browsing old photos something stuck out to me:


 I can go to lots of my albums and find a similar picture of Tanya and Olive. It's not only from recent photos either. Here is a sweet picture of the two of them when Olive was only 3 months old.
IT is so easy to find pictures of these two together is so easy because Olive loves Tanya. Well, to say that Olive LOVES Tanya is an understatement. Olive IDOLIZES her. She wants to be exactly like Tanya. If Tanya takes her shoes off, then Olive wants to. If Tanya puts a sweater on, then Olive wants to. If Tanya likes a sports team, then Olive does too (even as hard as we try to sway her). If Tanya does Olive's hair, then Olive will not let me take it out at night time. If Tanya gives her something, she treasures it. Olive talks about "her" Tanya constantly. And since our amazing Tanya lives around the corner, Olive gets lots of chances to be "just like Tanya" and loves every minute of it. Tanya is her helper. Tanya is her playmate. Tanya is Olive's world.
I can't help but feel so blessed to have sweet Tanya be Olive's idol. Tanya genuinely loves Olive in return. She is an amazing helper and loves to take care of both of my kids. Tanya's cheerful personality, infectious laugh, and caring heart endear her to everyone. I could not pick a better person for Olive to idolize, because I do too. My heart is so full that Olive, and I in turn, are so blessed to have Tanya in our life. We truly love her!
 As if you need more evidence of Tanya's awesomeness here she is helping Olive feed the ducks.
 And as a side note, how do you like Olive's duck-feeding attire? She picked it out herself.

Tanya, we love you!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1