I think this may be one of my favorite holiday decorations that I have made so I wanted to show it off. Last year I made some snowflakes to hang on our tree but didn't finish them in time for Christmas. I was extra excited this year. My mom had made some of these for our tree when I was little, so I think I am a little sentimental about them. Plus I just think they are so pretty. Well, our tiny tree didn't have any room left for my snowflakes but I was determined to find a way to use them in my decorations. Since I am obsessed with pinterest (just ask Scott) I had seen lots of pretty decorative branches and got inspired. One little project turned into a rather big one (that always seems to happen). So I made this:
I still have to figure out a better solution for the base/vase situation so just ignore that. Isn't it lovely?
I had also seen on pinterest these spray painted pineconces in hurricane vases that looked gorgeous. Since I don't have any vases or the money right now to get them, I decided to add some to my branches. I really like how they turned out.What do you think? Festive? I am getting all kinds of inspiration about other things that I can hang on these branches for other holidays. Like those cool string eggs for Easter....and President's faces for Presidents day. The possibilities are endless. Do you have decorative branches? What do you do with them after the holidays are over?
1 comment:
That is really pretty Maren. I tried making snowflakes like that one year and I gave up. Yours look beautiful.
Post a Comment