Friday, December 16, 2011

Advent Calender

Have you seen the adorable Pottery Barn Christmas tree advent calendar? I first saw it years ago and thought "I can totally make that!" Well, here is my version.
 
There are some crazy things about it, like it turned out huge, and not all the pockets are the same size, and things are sewn on crooked. It is harder to make then you would think. But, I still like it.
 I still have to figure out how to put the number on the pockets. I realized after it was finished that I should have done that before I sewed anything. Oh well. And meet "Grahm". He's our little gingerbread man that we moved from pocket to pocket to count down the days.
So, it's not quite Pottery Barn quality and style, but I think it's full of charm.

2 comments:

krissy o said...

To tell you the truth I actually like yours better. The PB one is so busy.

Mary said...

Very cute and your kids will adore it through the years.

 
UA-18211205-1