Today Milo is 6 months old.

Milo, in most ways, is a very easy and cheerful boy. I feel like his life has kind of been divided into 3 sections: pre-prevacid (which is a blur), diagnosed with reflux (which was a lot of adjusting of dosage and our expectations, this is when he started sleeping and I kinda feel like we could start seeing the baby he "really is" because reflux hid that for a few months), and now he is just....Milo.
He is almost always smiling and easy to get to laugh. We can really get him going with big belly laughs and its the most amazing thing ever. Most mornings I look in his crib and he greets me with a huge smile. His tongue is almost constantly sticking out, as you will notice because it is out in every.single.picture we took yesterday. I love it. (He was also in a strangely serious mood while taking pictures, I think it was because he was so fascinated by all the leaves.)
He loves eating real food and basically yells at you if you don't feed him fast enough. He will eat almost anything, but he so slow and it takes like 20 minutes. His stomach does much better with oatmeal than rice and it has cut down big time on his spit ups. I used to have to warn people that he would probably barf on them if they held him, but not so much anymore. He got his first tooth on Saturday. He sleeps like a champ and I am so extremely grateful (although day light savings transition was a nightmare waking up at 5:30 am). He can sit up, most of the time, but flops hard when he topples over. He can roll from back to tummy and then back. The only frustrating part is that he hates being on his tummy but refuses to roll back over. He will scream and then when I flip him he just looks at me like "How could you do that to me?" He gets shy and hides his face in my neck and shoulder. I adore it.
Milo likes to bounce and jump. If you hold him standing on your lap he will just bounce like crazy. He loves his jumper and it gets lots of use. He still kicks his legs, especially when he is excited. He will kick and then twist his feet at the same time and it is a pretty funny sight. He has discovered his voice and likes to use it, inevitably at the worst times. He can play with toys and entertain himself for short stretches. He wants to be in the same room and cries if you leave. He has learned how to grab Olive's hair. He is Olive's biggest fan and is fascinated by her. He has yet to make it through church, 1 o'clock time is hard. He charms everyone.
He is growing out of his 3-6 month clothes but 6-9 month ones are very long, he must have a short torso. He loves baths and splashes like crazy. I would still describe him as intense, especially if he is upset about something, be he is much more flexible and predictable which helps with his intensity. He cuddles....in the mornings we are the first ones up and it is just our special, sweet time as he lays on my chest and grabs my face.
I could go on forever.
There is just so much to love about him! I am very smitten.





4 comments:
You must've knitted him that jumpsuit and it is adorable! Where'd you get the pattern?
That second to last picture is to die for! Soooooo cute!
He is so cute, and these pictures are wonderful!
I'M IN LOVE! Those pictures are adorable!!! I love his little tongue sticking out. What a cutie! Loving your hair, too cuz :)
Post a Comment