You can see that Milo is still swaddled. We call him our "burrito supreme". We have always called our swaddled babies burritos but he is just getting so big. Over the holiday weekend our relatives were kind of making fun of us when they would see us wrap Milo up. He is just so big that it does look funny.
Here is a close up of his little cheeks. And oh that poutty lip!
Do you think we are crazy to still wrap him up? Olive was swaddled until she was 8 months old, Milo is only 6. We had to actually ween Olive off of her swaddle and even to this day she really likes to be tucked in nice and tight. I don't know if it is the swaddle or Milo but he is sleeping 12 hours most nights, so I am not willing to mess with anything at this point.
So, do/did you swaddle your babies?
4 comments:
We still swaddle our "little burrito" too! (And we actually have the exact same swaddler, but in green.) Scarlett absolutely loves it. She sleeps better when she is swaddled and for now I'll keep on swaddling her for as long as she likes it.
He does look so sweet and peaceful!
yeah swaddling is THE way to go! it just totally makes sense. they're all nice and snug, and they can't get their little hands out to suck on or hit themselves in the face. we swaddled mia until she was 4 months and jake is still going strong at 3. i say keep going as long as you can! i LOVE all the cute things that you knit btw! you should start an etsy shop or sell your stuff somewhere (if you're not already doing that). you're so incredibly talented, and your kids are both adorable! hey we'll be there for pete's wedding in january can't wait to see you!! oh and we love having your mom stay with us/hanging out when we have our "texas family" stuff going on:)see you soon!
I'm all about the swaddle! We did it with McCoy until he was 6-7 months. Once he started resisting it, we knew it was time to stop. I think that is a major factor in our kids being good sleepers at an early age. I say, if it still works, why change it? And his bundled up cuteness is reason enough to keep doing it!
I would still swaddle Cecily except that she would look up at me and whimper, while trying to wiggle her arms free. So, I decided to be nice and let her move about freely.
Post a Comment