Wednesday, April 6, 2011

St. George mini vacation

 This past weekend we had a great time on a little trip to St. George.  We thought we better go now before it gets too close to baby time and I'm so glad we did. It was relaxing and fun to be with family. The weather was awesome! Here are some highlights:
 Olive loved visiting the temple. She talks about it a lot now and whenever we see a white building she says "The temple Mommy!"  While there we went to the visitors center where they had a Christus statue. We listened to the message and then moved on. I thought nothing about it. Later that night we were talking about what we did that day and going to the temple. I was asking her who we saw there and she replied Jesus. Then she said, without any prompting  "He loves me!" I started crying at that moment. It just touched me so much that she recognized Jesus and listened to his message and what she took away from it was that He loved her.  Now she talks about how Jesus has "ouchies" on his hands and feet.

 We also went to Snow Canyon which was a blast. Olive loved digging in the soft, smooth sand. They could have played for hours.

 Here is Scott using his new camera. I can't wait to see the pictures he took. The hard part is having the patience to wait while he develops the film.

 While there we decided to do some climbing.



 Lastly we went to Brigham Young's winter house. It was so interesting. I had rather low expectations for it but our guide was awesome and I learned so much about those dedicated saints and how St. George came to be. Everyone thought it was really interesting.  I especially loved seeing their gardens.

 We also did lots of swimming and eating and staying up too late talking. Those are some of my favorite things to do on family trips.  It was nice to squeeze one trip in before the baby comes because it will probably be awhile until we can do it again!

1 comment:

EMS said...

How funny! I was just in Cedar City this weekend visiting Madi. I'm sure the weather in St. George was much nicer.

 
UA-18211205-1