Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Olive's Long Hair

Olive loves having long hair. She likes to have it styled every day. The funny thing is that when I ask her how we should do her hair that day she usually says "I get a hair cut!"  I am definitely not ready to get her hair cut. I am loving how long it is. So, I thought I would document some of her recent hairdo's. 

  
Olive really likes buns because they are like ballerinas and we all know how she feels about ballerinas.

      Side pony tail!

 We do lots (and lots and lots) of variations of pig tails.



















As well as lots of variations of braids.

  And then there are braided pig tails!

She is even, occasionally, willing to sit while I French braid it.

She also loves her crimped hair the next day too.
More than just the style, Olive loves wearing hair accessories, so she has an overflowing box of headbands. She will wear them even when they are not a perfect fit, as you can see above.
Her bangs are growing out and I have decided not to get them re-cut. So most days we are trying to figure out how to manage them. At least now she will leave in whatever we put there. In fact, if her clip or pony tail starts coming out she comes running to me very distressed. She does know however, like to take her hair clips out for nap time and never lets me forget her clip. The funny thing is she doesn't like taking her hair out at night time which sometimes means we have very snarly pony tails in the morning that we have to battle.

I am not sure where Olive gets her good hair genes. I was bald, until age 3 basically. But, I am loving Olive's long hair and trying to come up with a way to style it every day. I am not as talented as some mom's out there, but I do like trying. My favorite though, is days that she has a bath. I love to just let it air dry and be long and curly. The only sad part is that it makes her seem so grown up!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1