Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Olive Loves Rapunzel

I can't even count how many times she has seen Tangled.  We went as a family when it first came out in the theaters and she was glued to the screen the whole time. She seriously didn't move at all. She also cried when the credits started. 
 She has a little Rapunzel doll that we let her pick out as a special new toy when we were going to Disneyland.  She loves her Rapunzel. She also has a Flynn Rider barbie doll.
Olive will constantly surprise me with the things she will tell me about the movie. I am shocked at how much she understands and remembers. For example, here are some of the things she has told me:
"Flynn Rider's real name is Eugene."
"Flynn Rider has Rapunzel's crown. He carries it in a satchel."
"Rapunzel hides the satchel in a pot"
I could keep going. I think the thing that is most surprising to me about what she tells me, is that we never have discussed anything before. I mean, they are kinda obscure plot points.
 Here she is watching her favorite movie on the iPad. She knows it's on there and will ask "I watch Rapunzel on the iPad?" Notice she is watching it with her Tangled friends?
My most favorite thing though, is that she loves to act out the movie. She will be Rapunzel, and Scott is Flynn Rider, and I  am Gothel Mother (as Olive calls her).  It is always the same thing that she will act out and she will do it over and over and over. Once it is over, she just starts again. You know it is the beginning because it  involves her crying because she left the tower. While we were in St. George we went out to play in the back yard and she made Scott play this for an hour straight.  They were running all over the yard doing the whole movie and then start all over. I was just chuckling to myself at how fun Olive is.
She also sings the "healing" song with arm movements and everything. It is the most adorable thing ever. I did get it on video and it's so charming. I want her to be like this forever!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1