I took pictures of me with my pregnant belly today and then decided that they were horrible pictures and that I would regret posting them. Sorry. I am sure you are all anxious to gawk at my humungous belly. Sadly you will have to wait to see my shocking hugeness. I do want to document how rotund my belly is because it is so shocking to me. I am still surprised everytime I look down and see such a large belly hanging there. I am thinking that, maybe just maybe, on Easter Sunday while we are taking a flood of pictures I might have Scott snap a few of me. Maybe.
My due date is 2 weeks from Saturday. At my appointment yesterday, my midwife was chastizing me because I was saying that I would be fine if Milo came any time after Easter. She said I should just plan on going to my due date. According to her, mothers and babies that go into labor on their own close to or past their due date have fast labors with strong babies. She said that is best case scenario. That is not what I want to hear. I keep planning that this baby is coming in April. Thus, I am having a hard time being patient. I have to keep reminding myself that my body is in charge and it will do what is right, when it is right.
Not surprisingly, I am all ready to have to the baby. I packed my hospital bag this week. I packed a bag for Olive. I ordered everything online that I was still needing. I was thrown a wonderful baby shower where we recieved so many great gifts. It was almost all clothing which was perfect! I checked off all the "things I might need" the first week so we are loaded up with all the things I wished we had the first week with Olive. I organized everything. I deep cleaned our whole house in case I don't get a chance to do it again. I wrote out our birthing preferences for the hospital. I am all done with Easter, all the eggs are stuffed and everything is ready to go.
See, it's time for this baby!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like your nesting! that is one of the signs of impendig labor! :) the last few weeks are the hardest, and i know all about being ginormous. here's hoping the next two weeks fly by!
People used to ask me (on two such occasions, the people were absolutely serious), if I was sure I wasn't having twins. I did not, obviously, but I had a strong, huge, healthy boy.....two weeks early! Here's to hoping!
Woah, how are you so productive? It sounds like you are ready to go! Take pictures of the belly. You are so close to being on the other side, you will want to see them after Milo is born!
Post a Comment