Monday, February 28, 2011

Olive Loves Milo

 In her stocking at Christmas, Olive got a little boy doll from her Grandpa.  She immediately named him Milo, I'm assuming because it was a boy.  Now that Milo has things set up in their room I have noticed Olive taking care of her Milo.
 She teaches him how to play patty cake and gets out Milo's baby toys for him.
 She pushes him in the swing.
 She feeds him from her baby doll bottle.
 And she puts him to bed in Milo's crib.  (Nice throw huh?)
 Sometimes she even puts it under her shirt and is "like mommy".  She tells me "Your Milo (while pointing to my belly) and my Milo (while pointing to her belly)".
I am so impressed with how good she is a taking care of Milo. If she is this good with a doll there is no reason to think it won't translate to a baby right? Or is that just really wishful thinking?
I am not quite sure if she understands that this isn't the real Milo. I wonder if when we talk about Milo she just thinks about her little baby doll.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if in her mind we set up a crib and got toys and a swing all for her doll?  But, she is so sweet with this little doll that I think it is so adorable. I hope she is this sweet to the real Milo too. I have a feeling that she will be. She is going to be a really good big sister!

4 comments:

Leslee said...

She is going to be the best sister! Olive is always so attentive to Lyla's needs whenever they've been together. It's so cute. "The real baby Milo" is going to have more love coming from his sister than he knows what to do with!

Mary said...

She'll be a sweet big sister, but my guess is she doesn't really have any idea what is coming. At least in my experience, it is one thing for the kids to talk about the baby coming, but when it actually shows up they're like, "What the heck?!". ;)

Scott and Lindsey said...

Olive is going to be a wonderful big sister!

Patty Girl said...

I think you are right Mary- there is NO way Olive can understand what is really about to happen and how her world is going to be totally rocked!

 
UA-18211205-1