Friday, February 18, 2011

Knit Baby Vest

 I have been dying to have a reason to knit this cute vest and when I found out some good friends of ours are having a girl (hopefully any day now) I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. In the pattern book it is such a delicate and classic piece that I just instantly loved it.

 Naturally, I had to add some of my own touches to it. I decided the purple trim would make it more feminine from the unisex pattern. Then I added to some simple flowers. Finally, what outfit would be complete without a matching headband?


I just love how it turned out! It also helped ease some of my longings for a girl by making this for her. I can't wait to meet the sweet baby girl it was made for. I am so happy for you Olsen's and we are seriously going to miss you guys!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

SOOOOOOO cute! I honestly have no idea how you do it. That sweater looks perfect! If I tried that it would be all crooked and covered in snags. Love it!

Rachel said...

I know I already told you, but it's seriously the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to try it on her. I love the touches you added. We're really going to miss you guys too!

Wanderingfamilies said...

WOW! You are SO talented! I must learn from you!

 
UA-18211205-1