Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Olive vs. Milo

So far my two pregnancies have been very similar. The thing that has been different is the babies.
Olive was very, um gentle? I mean, she would move around and sometimes poke a little foot out or something. We thought it was absolutely adorable, and it was.  It for sure never hurt. I didn't even know that I was feeling her until past 20 weeks, for two reasons I think 1) that I didn't know what it felt like and just thought it was gas and 2) I don't think she was that rambunctious.

Well, Milo is a different baby. I felt him early, and mainly because he was hard to miss. He is strong. I think he is really strong. He will do flips, which I never remember Olive doing. Milo hurts me. He sticks out some part of his body, I am guessing his bum, and refuses to go back inside. Olive never ever did that. Seriously sometimes I just have to stop and push him back in. Then he thinks its a game and does it again. It is so bizarre. Scott can attest that my stomach doesn't just get a cute little foot poking out but waves and ripples of crazy movement. Milo is just over all more active. I feel him during the day but in the evening and at night he doesn't stop.  When my midwife was telling me about how often I should feel movement and how to do kick counts I thought "I wish I had a reason to count his kicks".

The funny thing is that we were hoping that Milo would be our calm, mellow, mild child after Olive. She is great and I love her activeness but she just goes constantly. We were hoping Milo would just chill with us. I am starting to worry that is not going to be the case. This might be quite the adventure.

6 comments:

krissy o said...

If it makes you feel any better, James was a soccer superstar in the womb, also. Some nights Chad and I would just hang out watching my belly ripple. I guess he got all his crazy out then because you've seen him these days. There is still hope for a calm Milo!

Patty Girl said...

Krissy-
That does actually make me feel a lot better. I mean, if Milo is half the amazing kid James is we will be so lucky!
Here is to hoping for an active in utero Milo and a calm baby Milo.

Karen said...

Londyn was a NUT before she was born. She would do EXACTLY what you're explaining and she was seriously the best baby ever and she's super chill for a toddler. Hope that makes you feel a little better! Scotlyn's been the complete opposite which is freaking me out now!

Wanderingfamilies said...

It is too bad we cannot predict how our babies are going to be...Maizy was more calm inutero than Ansley, but I think it was because she was so much bigger (not as much room to move), but they are pertty much the same active level now...he'll be fine. You'll be fine. In fact, you'll wonder how you lived without the two of those bugs running around! :)

Anonymous said...

welcome to the world of boys!

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

oh geez, I was signed in as one of Seth's accounts, unknowingly. It was I, Kara, who was welcoming you to the wonderfully playful and rambunctious world of boys! I have one wild one and one calm one. I will say that Logan was wild in utero and Eli was calm in utero, and they both are the same still!

 
UA-18211205-1