I'm going to give a little back story before I get to the "Thing I Have Made" part of the post.
The color scheme of our living room is neutral tan walls with apple green and gray accents. That may sound like an odd combination of colors but I have officially decided that gray goes with everything. Also, I found the above pillow and fell in love with it, so that kinda set the course for the rest of the decor. I chose apple green because our dining room, which is adjoining, has blue/gray walls and I thought that it would compliment but still feel like different decor (Never mind the fact that Target had a decor line of apple green things that had tons of great accessories. I was able to find green baskets, picture frames, shelves, you name it.)
The only problem with our living room is that we have an odd little corner right by our front door. At first I didn't know what to do with this corner. Then I decided that a chair would be nice there to make it a little reading nook. The only hard part about that was finding the right chair.
As you can imagine, I was very, very excited when we found this chair last year on sale. I am sure that not many people would have been giddy about an apple green leather chair but I was thrilled. I knew it was perfect. I think this chair kinda makes the accents of green work in the rest of the room.
Well, I really felt that this chair needed something to complete it. I needed a way to pull the gray to this side of the room and so I decided to find a pillow for the chair. Then I saw a knit pillow at Pottery Barn and thought, "I could totally make that!" and not have to pay the *ridiculous* price they were asking.
So I did! I am in love with this pillow. Seriously. I just love how it turned out. I think it has such a "store bought" look but it makes me extra happy to know I made it. And it is about time I knit something for myself right? So there you have it, my knit pillow case! What do you think?
Friday, February 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Maren, I adore this pillow! I noticed the other day when I was leaving and I absolutely love it. I've been wanting something like this in my house too, to replace the pillows on my couch that came with it when we bought it.
I love it! I love the green! I would never ever think of it but it does go so well! :) I wish I was that creative.
Um...I am SO in love with that chair! That color is fabulous!
That is super cute! And that green chair is totally wicked! And I am 100% with you grey does go with anything, and on Home Network the other day one of the designers called it the new beige... and they know everything right?
Post a Comment