I really believe in being healthy and think it is a life style. There are so many ideas and tricks out there about how to be healthy but I thought it was encouraging that just by eating family dinners, you can be on that healthy path.
The only problem was, last night I wanted to share some recipes that are favorites at our house. That in itself is not a problem but my recipes have gotten a little out of control over the past few years. Although I have lots of cook books, most of my recipes don't come from them. If I ever find a recipe online or from a friend I write it on a 3x5 card. Well those cards and just been floating in drawers and binders and all sorts of places.
So in honor of getting organized to have family dinners I put this together.

I just used my handy laminating machine and got them all organized in a binder. I was kinda stumped for awhile about how to go about organizing them because I didn't want to re do all those recipes whether on the computer or rewriting them in another book. So this is my solution and I think it is going to work out nicely.

It feels so refreshing to get things organized. Now, it's dinner time. Let's see what I can come up with!
1 comment:
I'm so sad that I couldn't come that night to hear you talk! My recipes are the same way. I have them on random pieces of paper and I'm always spending forever trying to find the one I need when I need it. Maybe you've just inspired me to organize them!
Post a Comment