Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Beanie and Booties (that's a lot of B's!)

I seem to know quite a few pregnant ladies right now. It always happens like that doesn't it? Women get pregnant in waves. Since I have quite a few baby showers I will now be attending, I have been trying out different baby hat and bootie patterns because I think it is fun to give homemade gifts. Here is my latest completed set.

I added a little flower to the toes on these Mary Jane booties because you can't have enough flowers.

I like the hat but decided that next time I will do contrasting colors for the flowers so that they will pop more.

I made another hat/bootie set out of this varriegated yarn and I really loved it. So I decided to make Olive a matching hat also. I made the flower extra big, but I might have gone overboard.

A knit hat is really what Olive, and new babies in our ward, need for summer isn't it? It's definitely not practical, but still cute (at least I think so). And no, this does not make me wish for cool weather. It has taken forever to get warm and I don't want to think about winter.

6 comments:

Sheena said...

I love how Olive's hair curls out under the beanie. So cute.

Vickie said...

Those turned out so darling! I need the pattern for the booties and the flowers! They're so cute!

EMS said...

I'm doing the same thing! Homemade gifts are the best. Laura and I are making a blanket, sleeper, and dress for upcoming baby showers. I'd love to learn how to make the hat and booties too. :) They are adorable.

Crawford Family said...

So stinkin cute! Next time i come to ut you have to teach me to knit! It almost makes me want to be preggers again.... almost.

Aaron and Cassie said...

I thought they were so cute and Vanessa looked like she loved the ones you gave her! Maybe I'll have to have another baby soon so you can make me some too!

Mary said...

Shut up! You made that hat??? That is adorable.

 
UA-18211205-1