Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The wait is over!

I really, honestly never thought I would be posting about this (and my husband will be so happy) but I am sosososo excited to get a new iPhone tomorrow. We have been without iPhones for 2 weeks waiting anxiously for the new phone to come out and tomorrow it is finally here. Scott sold our phones and I didn't have a replacement so I had no phone the whole time. For a long time I resisted that iPhone. I almost never used a cell phone before it. Scott had to work pretty hard to get me to agree to get one. But then it lured me in with its convenience and just all around awesomeness. I can't tell you how many times I have said "I wish I had my phone right now!" these past two weeks. I never knew what time it was or try to guess by looking at the sun, I had to listen to the stinkin radio, I could only check facebook and blogs at home, I had to watch the news to know what the weather would be like, I had to look up things on the computer, I had to use the real yellow pages (once), and most importantly I couldn't call or text anyone. I know, it was rough! Although, there were quite a few times that I thought "Maybe I don't need a cell phone". There is a definite simplicity and ease that comes with knowing no one can get ahold of you.
So in celebration of iPhone Eve (as Scott has been calling it) we went out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen, one of our favorite restaurants (because it just opened 5 minutes from our house). Mmmmm....hummus.

Happy (almost) iPhone day everyone!

3 comments:

Scott said...

This has been one of the best iPhone eves to date... Thanks for your enthusiasm.

Mary said...

Once you've got one, it is PAINFUL to be without it.

lynda said...

ihope your i phone is all that you expected. yeah for i phone.

 
UA-18211205-1