Monday, June 14, 2010

Olive can't get enough books

As I was cleaning up the kitchen this morning Olive wandered into her room. After a few minutes it became very quite. Any mother knows that silence means trouble. So I went to see what she had gotten into and this was how I found her:

Olive is like me. She loves books. She always has. It has been my go-to, no-fail, distraction or entertainment from day one. I would always carry books in my purse in case she started to melt down at a store. My favorite place to shop is any bookstore and Olive is the same. She could spend hours at the library (and we usually do). The library is heaven because she can have a whole tub of new books that she can look through to her hearts content. It makes me so happy that she is a book worm. I am so looking forward to the day that I can read my favorite stories from my childhood with her.

Now that she is talking more, her story time is very entertaining. She must point out every single object on the page. She also likes to tells the stories to herself and jabbers on and on. It really cracks me up wondering what her stories could be about.

The only down side to her book obsession is that it is nearly impossible to keep these books put away because she likes them constantly accessible. That means that I am walking around picking up books scattered around the house all day long. A small sacrifice I guess.

1 comment:

Crawford Family said...

horray for little readers! 20 bucks says she is reading before kindergarten!

 
UA-18211205-1