Friday, January 9, 2015

Maren Turns 30

Wow! 30! For some reason this seems like it has been a long time coming. When it finally arrived I felt pretty ok with everything. It was a really fun day and we did a lot to celebrate. 
Veronika made this birthday sign and they were all singing to me as I came upstairs int he morning. It was really cute. 
We got up and went to Kneaders for endless french toast which we had never done before and I can't believe we have been missing out on its amazingness for all this time. It was SO good! Perfect breakfast because it was not only super yummy but I didn't have to make it or clean it up :)
Scott had these waiting for me when I got home. 

I opened a few presents from the kids but Scott told me his present was coming later. My sweet Olive gave me a darling heart shaped ring holder to show me how much they love me. She picked it out totally herself....


but I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture. The heart says Mr & Mr. Scott didn't notice at all. Olive felt kinda sad when we were laughing at it. But it was hilarious and I will keep forever because of what a great story it was and Olive's absolute innocence. 


And Milo picked out this great platter to put in our new kitchen, but Milo wasn't too keen on being photographed which is often the case.

Since we were staying at Becca's she made this delicious and amazing cake. It didn't quite have 30 candles, but it did have a lot. 
I absolutely love this picture of Milo singing happy birthday. Don't you just want to squeeze him right out of this picture?

I had some help blowing out my candles. I love these two. 
My friends had wanted to go to the Red Butte concert that happened to be on the same night as my birthday so we decided to bring dinner and make it a little party date. It was seriously so much fun. 
Scott and I snuck up close to get a picture by the stage. See him pointing to the singer in purple spandex?
They brought cupcakes to celebrate. My friends are so cute!
And since Red Butte is such a hoity-toity scene with their wine and cheese we brought mini Martinelis and cheese whiz on crackers. Mine says 30 on it. 

We are cute. Love him.

We were so glad to have our friends there to celebrate! 

It was a big surprise because when I came out of the bathroom the Ashes had come when we thought they weren't going to be able to make it. And they got free VIP tickets at the gate to boot! These ladies are so great and I'm so lucky to have them as such wonderful friends. They made it such a fun night having them there. 

Then we went home and Becca had put our kids to bed so we kicked back and enjoyed some delicious cake. It was such a great birthday. Here's to 30!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1