After a late night we slept in and it was glorious. We headed out to the Highline which was SO cool. It was an abandoned raised train track that they turned in to a gorgeous pathway/park. It was sunny and pretty and so so fun. It was cool to walk past so many part of the city and see how every street looks kinda different and how it evolves the further you go. It was a really relaxing walk where we could talk and would stop and sit occasionally and take it in. Seriously, so low key and fun. 

I felt like it was kinda hard to capture in pictures but this gives you a pretty good sense of how it was raised up but also like a beautiful park.
I mean, so cool right?
And lots of awesome views like this....
and graffiti like this. Why doesn't our graffiti look this cool?
The designers did such a great job. Every few streets there were places that you could sit and they had these "frames" that give you such a interesting view of the city.
It had a lot of people out enjoying the weather. I had to laugh at all the runners that seemed annoyed both here and on the Bridge. It's like, don't run at a hot spot on a Saturday!
There were so many beautiful buildings like this gorgeous scape.
We got a good view of the Empire State Building.
We were also close to the water and could see lots of boats.
They had these little covered spots where everything seemed so old. There were musicians playing and artists selling their art. We actually bought a really cool ink drawing of the NYC skyline from an artist guy.
They also had lots of delicious food vendors. We opted to sit int he sun and gobble up some gelato. It was a good choice.
After we walked the whole thing we found a restaurant close by for this amazing lunch. We at some really good food while we were there.
Right by the end of the Highline there were a bunch of shops and Warby Parker was one of them. We decided to go in and try out our best hipster glasses. I think we could pull it off.
After that the plan was to hit up Chelsea Market. This place was massive, but somehow I didn't realize it was a mall. Like, just a mall with lots of food joints and specialty stores but also regular stores too. We found some cute souvenirs for the kids and I got an adorable Chelsea Market bag to carry it all in.
After this we had to make a few phone calls to all our construction guys that were still working on our house. So we stopped at a little playground on the walk back to the hotel. After that we went and freshened up for dinner and our play.
I had been to this restaurant when I came a few years ago and had been telling Scott about the Vegas Fries ever since. It is so convenient to go to when you are seeing a show and it worked out perfectly again this time. And Scott wasn't disappointed.
Then off to the play. We have loved the Frames even before we saw the Once movie. The play was really good and had lots of cool interactive parts with the audience. Like all the actors were on stage jamming before the play and it was a working bar that you could go up and get drinks. But I didn't like how they portrayed the lead girl. She was kinda like a crazy foreigner, not a co-music lover. They made her a characterization so I didn't like that part as much.
They were so strict about pictures and Scott snuck this one. Right after this we got yelled at for the usher putting us in the wrong seats. It was a kinda crappy way to start the play. Once on Broadway, you need nicer ushers!
We had gotten tickets to a stand up club while we were on Times Square. We were super skeptical of them and the show but they didn't make us pay the 2 drink minimum because we told the guy we don't drink so decided to give it a try. Scott was pretty frustrated when we got there because even though we kinda knew it was a scam, it seemed really sketchy when we got there. But we stayed and it turned out to not be horrible. So now, we have been to a real stand up club in NYC. If I were to do it again, I would do more research because I think it would be cool to go to a really real club. You know what I mean?




.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment