I know I keep saying this but I love our preschool so much. It has been so magical and a wonderful experience for Olive. Olive had a preschool party on Halloween. She loved every second of it and came home to tell me every detail of what they did. She also spent a good 10 minutes inspecting her goodie bag. She got to pick out a pumpkin at a pumpkin patch, play games, sing songs, and eat snacks. What more could you want in a party? Olive told me "Mom, we had Witch's Brew at snack! It tastes like apple juice!" So cute. Here they are playing a Halloween guessing game.
Then it was time to line up for the parade.
That night we got our costumes ready and headed out to trick or treat. Scott and I weren't going to wear our costumes because we had already dressed up so many times that we were burnt out. But then Olive was so heartbroken. We compromised and only put them on half way. The problem was that we probably just looked weird and you couldn't tell what we were supposed to be. Oh well.
At the very first house Olive got sunglasses and then insisted on wearing them the rest of the time. It was a beautiful, warm night and she kept telling me "It's really hot mom, so I need these glasses."
We met up with some pals from the neighborhood. It was a pretty big group of kids and it got kinda crazy trying to cram up to the doorsteps but Olive loved having so many friends around.
It didn't take long for Milo to catch on to the fact that they were giving out candy. These two boys were obsessed with getting the candy and didn't let the crowds of big kids slow them down. They were right in the middle of everything and would fight their way up to each door too.
We lasted a lot longer trick or treating than I thought we would. I think it was mostly because or kids got to ride around in style in the wagon and then hop out for the fun part aka to get candy. It was really fun because Olive actually understood what trick or treating was this year and was anxiously anticipating going out. Scott and I have so many fond memories of trick or treating when we were kids that it is cool we are the parents now.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, what a fun October you guys had! Your costumes were so great (as always!). We sure miss your Halloween parties!
Post a Comment