Last weekend it snowed for basically 2 days straight. As much as I don't always like the snow, I am usually excited for the first snow storm, especially if it is a big storm. Olive was very excited to play in the snow. She hasn't really played in the snow because last winter there was no snow, and before that she as so little that she would play for 5 minutes and then be cold and want to come inside. My prediction was that she would love getting all bundled up and then tire out or get cold fast but boy was I wrong. She lasted for hours and still wanted to play more!
She had outgrown ALL of her other snow clothes so we spent most of our Saturday morning trying to buy her all new everything.
She was so excited and I must say looked rather adorable.
Good thing Olive has a daddy that loves the snow too!
Off to the park to go sledding. Scott sent me a cute video of them going down the hill where Olive is squealing. In the past she hasn't been a fan of the speed and snow flying in your face but she loved it this time. She is just becoming such a big girl!
Olive had been asking for months to build a snowman and we had to keep telling her that she had to wait until winter. She was so proud of herself.
Look at that tongue sticking out! Oh how I love her!
Olive named her snowman Huggy because she "can't stop giving him hugs". Huggy was a good snowman other than he kinda leaned and looked on the verge of toppling over.
He is cute though isn't he? I think it is the mini carrot nose.
One day as some friends were leaving we noticed that Huggy had actually fallen forward. Olive was devastated and ran inside. When I walked in I found her in her snow boots and gloves and with the remains of her tears still in her eyes she said "Mom, I have to go revitalize Huggy!" Poor girl was so heart broken when I explained that Huggy was melting and he probably wont be revitalized.
For a storm that was predicted to drop 3 inches we received probably over 18 inches! Where we live we don't usually get as much snow as the benches or other areas so we were blown away when we looked outside and saw how high it had piled up. Pretty awesome first snow storm of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment