Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Weekend Getaway

For months, literally months I have been trying to convince Scott that we needed to go on a trip to celebrate his big accomplishment of turning 30 years old. No matter what place I tried or plan I came up with Scott wasn't on board.  I wanted to make this birthday special and memorable. After awhile all birthdays just start blurring together. I can barely remember my birthday last year. 

So, since Scott wasn't going to let me plan anything I decided to just do it in secret. I made all of the arrangements to have a weekend getaway and I didn't tell a soul, except my mom who was watching our kids for us. I am kinda proud that I pulled it all off. He had no idea. When my mom showed up and I told him that we were leaving he was so confused. Then as we were driving he kept asking me questions "Did you pack me clothes?" "Did you remember this?" "Did you tell them that?" I was feeling super guilty because he was having a hard time coming to terms with it.  He eventually got excited and could let go a bit after I told him that we were going to Logan. I knew if I was going to surprise him the only place we could go was Logan. 

I am so glad that we fell in love at a place, you know? Just going back to that place and being on campus always brings back a flood of memories of falling in love. It's fun that there are so many shared memories and experiences. I love that.  It was a really fun weekend. 
 We had to walk through the TSC and Scott wanted to check out the boards.
 Then the Bookstore was a must visit. I did spend 2 years of my life working there almost every day. Oh Supplies! You were so good to me!
 Then we headed to some of the buildings where we had classes together. This was our Biology class.
 We got everyone in our family some new Aggie head gear. I will have to post Milo and Olive's too, they are adorable!
 It was beautiful weather, nice and warm. Here we are visiting the A where we became True Aggies!
 Oh yeah, we're cool.
 
 Then we went by Old Main to visit my office that I worked in the first year we were married. We also went by our old apartments and strolled through the library.
We stayed on campus in the University Inn. I know it's kinda chessy but I didn't want to just stay at a Best Western you know?

 It was so weird that we had tons of time sine we weren't with the kids. We kept needing to kill time. We are not use to having so much freedom. We went to dinner and a movie. Then we took a midnight stroll through campus. It was a very memorable way to commemorate Scott's big day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you guys fell in love in Logan. What a magical place. You guys are awesome.

Leslee said...

Yay for you guys! Sounds like such a fun getaway. I love that you had all of this time to kill that you were completley unaware of because of your normal life with kids. Happy 30th to Scott!

Stef said...

Love the pics. They totally took me back. Made me a bit homesick for Logan, actually.

 
UA-18211205-1