Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt



 Let me just warn you that this is one of four Easter egg hunts we did this year. Yeah, that is a crazy lot right?  I think we have more candy at our house right now than we did after Halloween. On the plus side, Olive made $7 dollars from eggs this year. 

My wonderfully awesome friend Lindsey thought we should do a neighborhood Easter egg hunt this year. (You should definitely go check out her blog because I am sure when she posts these pictures they will be 100 times better than mine!) What a great idea right?  With the help of Lindsey, and my other amazingly great friend Leslee we were able to pull off one very successful egg hunt.
We ended up hosting it in front of my house because all of our neighbors were great sports and let us hide eggs in their front yards (even though most of them don't have small children). We blocked off the street and divided up all the kids and let them at it. I think everyone had a really great time.
Here we are explaining the rules and how it was supposed to work. Do you see me? And the two cute girls next to me are my cohosts.
 
Cute Milo just chilled on the grass while the other kids around him picked up the eggs. Olive was
 excited though because she got to help Milo get all of his eggs too so she did a double hunt.
 
I think he is just the cutest ever! Do you like the little shirt I made him? It says "Chicks dig me"

There they all are, waiting to be picked up.

 
There is something really fun for little kids to hunt with their friends. It is usually family so Olive was loving watching her friends find eggs too. She would get very excited for them.

 

I like making egg hunts hard and hiding the eggs pretty well. At least Olive appreciated it because she liked finding the eggs in unusual places, not just the eggs on the grass.

 

We also hid some gold and silver eggs with prizes or money in them. I hid them quite well because in the end the kids needed clues to find them. What can I say, you have to work for it in my world! I am not sure if you can tell from the picture but this cute boy, who found a silver egg, is all covered in mud because of where the egg was hidden. I put it in a down spout of a rain gutter. But then it kinda rolled in and got all muddy so he had to dig in there to find it. What a good sport!

We also had a delicious pot luck brunch after the hunt, which I got no pictures of because I was stuffing my face. Seriously, my neighbors brought some yummy stuff. For our first year I thought it was such a huge success! Thanks to my wonderful friends that helped plan it and our awesome neighbors for coming!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thank you Maren! Your house was perfect, and you did such a great job with everything. I kind of slacked off with the sick thing, and I'm so happy we got to do it all together!

 
UA-18211205-1