Monday, February 27, 2012

Olive Loves Field Trip Friday

It may sound silly but sometimes I feel the time is just ticking away. These past three years have gone by in a flash. I have been signing Olive up for preschool next year so it has me thinking about how in 1 year from now I will be signing her up for Kindergarten! It's been on my mind a lot that my little girl is growing up so fast. The point of all of that is to say that I want to be sure to take advantage of these great days Olive and I have together before she is in school and we can't go to on our fun adventures as frequently. To make sure that I actually get out and have adventures with her I implemented Field Trip Fridays. I scheduled out a different place to go every Friday until the end of the school year (because then I'm sure our Fridays will be spent at the pool!).  I have taken Olive to some of these places in the past and she had fun, but now she is at the perfect age to explore and appreciate all the fun things these museums offer. It has also been great for me to see what amazing museums we have close to us that have really great exhibits and activities for the kids. If I had the money I would by passes to all of them and everyday would be a field trip day!


The Dinosaur Museum:
  
Nice pose right?

This was an extra special day because dad had work off so he got to come with us!

The sand/water table is definitely the best part. I will say that they have added lots of really cool features to this museum since I had been last.



Daddy and Olive made one pretty great dinosaur. Olive wanted it to have all spikes.

You can't tell (or maybe you can) how huge that shark mouth is, but Olive wasn't going to stand any closer  for a picture.

Digging in the sand for fossils.


Discovery Gateway:
  
Milo trying out the scooter

Olive loved all the costumes and tried on every one. Too bad they are in the todder/infant area so they are WAY too small. I guess she was just channeling Chris Farley.

Cowgirl Olive!

Natural History Museum:
My big helper.


There are lots of things to touch and feel in this museum and you can be assured that Olive touched every single thing.

Lunch time! They have a beautiful atrium with huge windows and that is where we ate our lunch. 

Milo LOVED seeing himself on the camera phone. He was making some really cute faces at himself. Oh I could just squish him!

It has become a really fun tradition for us and now when Olive asks what day it is (which she does everyday) if she hears that it is Friday she says "Where we go on this day?" I just love that she is enthusiastic about going new places and learning new things. I hope I can keep cultivating her love of learning! I will keep you posted on some of the other neat places we have plan to visit for Field Trip Friday!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Her hair has gotten sooooo long! She is just such a cutie maren!

Stef said...

What a fun mom you are!

 
UA-18211205-1