Friday, February 24, 2012

Olive's Scarf

I love scarfs. Seriously! I love scarfs for multiple reasons. 1) I am the kind of person who is always cold, so if I leave the house in winter time I wear everything possible to keep me warm (I blame living in Logan).  That means I put on a coat, scarf, gloves, boots, and often a hat every time I leave the house. Part of that is because I like to walk places so we get extra bundled up. 2) I think scarfs are so stylish. I have recently made myself a whole load of scarfs, some winter and some accessory. They make a winter coat look less....blah. 3)Scarfs are so easy to knit! I mean, they are just straight down! A scarf is the first thing I learned how to knit. Well, since we often walk to preschool Olive asked me one day why she didn't have a scarf. She worn a hat, coat and gloves just like me, but what about a scarf? So, I knit her up some scarfs.
 Since I knit her a new hat I made one scarf to match it but I couldn't just make one! So I knit another scarf to match this hat.
 
 Then her Grandma gave Olive a strawberry hat. There is something you should know about Olive. It is that she is obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake. She loves pretending to be Strawberry and then she makes you be Blueberry Muffin or Apple Dumpling (or as Olive calls her "apple sumpin'").
 Now if we are playing Strawberry Shortcake, she must wear her Strawberry hat and now she has a scarf to go with it.

Here is Olive's pose. I think it is so hilarious. Is it just mine, or are all three year olds impossible to take a picture of? It's kind of ridiculous the photos that we get from her.

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1