Now it's party time!! In the past I have done a really fun Valentine's party for my 6 oldest nieces. This year, since they are all getting older and busier, it was tricky to get their schedules and mine to match up. Plus, I usually like to do it on Saturday so that I can make it big and fun with food and everything but Scott had a wedding on that Saturday and I didn't think I could pull it off by myself.
Since I have collected tons of fun Valentine's themed things over the years we just had to have a party to use it all. At first I told Scott it was just going to be a play date with a friend. Then it kept growing and I kept inviting people and planning more activities. I figure, more people means more love. I had an absolute blast but I think some of the kids might have gotten overwhelmed and the chaos. Besides the occasional meltdown, it was a major success.
Like I said, I just kept planning more and more activities to do at the party. I think it is the school teacher in me or something. I had so many that I had to break our party up into stations. The first one was decorating Valentine's cards.
Milo was a trooper and liked hanging out and playing with his toys. He had on his red socks so he could feel festive too.
Then there were some matching games and toddler writing activities. I think these are so cool and Olive and I love to do them together.
My favorite craft was from when I taught school. They are called "magic message hearts" You color over the heart with your dot pen and it shows you a message like a conversation heart.
We also made a little foam turtle craft, decorated Valentine's bags, played "pin the lips", Valetine's twister and heart bean bag toss. I am telling you, it was quite the party.
Oh, and we can't forget lunch, heart PB&Js!Plus there were lots of sprinkles for decorating our cookies and plenty of yummy heart shaped treats. Then we passed out our Valentine's treats! All of that is on top of the huge bag of treats Olive brought home from her preschool party. We are a bit overloaded on sugar this week.
Olive and her cute friend Bo. We had to check out all of our cool toys. Our house looked like a tornado hit it but it was worth it for all the fun!
Here is Olive and her friend Brynn playing dolls. They liked playing Valentine's twister, but not as much as playing Barbies. What can I say, they are all girl!
It definitely was so much fun to have something special to do on Valentine's day. We don't need a big reason to get together with our friends! We have so many great friends and it feels good to show them our love.
No comments:
Post a Comment