Monday, October 17, 2011

Olive Loves to Help

Whatever I am doing Olive wants to help me. I want her to help as much as possible although that occasionally proves tricky to have her help and stay sane. But usually it works out great. I especially like when we can actually have some one on one time together. 
 Olive is getting big enough that she can vacuum with our little sweeper vacuum. She does a pretty darn good job for only being 3 years old. It has now become tradition that she helps me vacuum up the kitchen after lunch.
 Her favorite time to help is when I am cooking. We have been doing a lot of fall baking lately so she has had lots of opportunities to help. Here we are making some chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and bread to send to my brother in college.

 I have recently been watching a neighbors two kids a couple times a month and having 4 under 3 has been a bit challenging at times. One way that I have found to keep some sort of structure is to have a treat to bake while they are here. Olive loves to take turns with the other little girl. She now insists that we take turns when we are baking on our own. Also, we always have to wear aprons, and in Olive's case her chef's hat that she got as a birthday present.
 Olive especially likes using the mixer and watching things get mixed up after she dumps them in.
Eating our finished product. Yum!

2 comments:

krissy o said...

Maybe I should try wearing my rain boots to bake . . .

EMS said...

Her chefs outfit is adorable!

 
UA-18211205-1