Once we put up our Halloween decorations Olive has been constantly asking "Is it Halloween now?" She knows it is fun and something to look forward to but doesn't remember exactly how we celebrate.
So we made a chain to count down to the actual holiday. It was a bit disappointing that the chain was really long. I then decided to plan 31 themed things to put on each link. I think Olive will have more fun in all the build up to Halloween with all of the fun stuff I've planned. A lot of the activities are various fall/ pumpkin art projects and quite a few fall foods. We are making pumpkin cookies, caramel apples, chili, and dinner in a pumpkin. We are painting and carving pumpkins, decorating witch hats, and making feet ghosts.
Two activities that I am really excited for are our orange and black dinner where everything is only orange and black and our "phantom give" for an upcoming FHE.


2 comments:
I love this idea! I'm always worrying that we won't cover all the fun activities during the fall/Halloween season. And then I forget what we've already done. What a great way to keep track!
Such a fantastic idea!
Post a Comment