Friday, October 21, 2011

Newborn Sweater

I kind of love this stage of life. I just love when my friends get pregnant with their first child because now you know they are going to be in on how amazing it is to be a parent. You try and tell them, explaining it the best you can, but it doesn't matter. I find it impossible to clearly put it into words. I remember thinking that I totally knew what it was going to feel like to have my own kids. How ridiculous. I had loving parents and I knew how it felt to love them. I had no idea that your own child becomes the all encompassing part of your being. So, I get excited when I hear that people are going to have their first baby because I love knowing what an amazing thing that is in store for them. 

That is the case with one of my former roommates. I wasn't in college for very long, but Stef was the longest roommate I shared an apartment with. We were room roommates my second year. We were both psych majors and ended up taking a ton of classes together. We were roommates when she got married and when I started dating Scott. She is the roommate I have kept the most in contact with post college. She is an amazing, strong, driven, funny woman and I am so ecstatic at the joy that is going to fill her life soon. As soon as I found out she was pregnant I knew I wanted to make her something special. So I got busy making her baby girl this sweet sweater. It is one of my favorite things that I have ever made. Congrats Stef and I can't wait to meet your new little girl!



3 comments:

Vickie said...

Maren. Your talent never ceases to amaze me! I love it. I really want to learn to follow patterns.

Stef said...

I seriously LOVE this sweater. It's so freaking adorable. Thank you again!

Robyn said...

Once again, you blow me away woman!! Can you make one my size??

 
UA-18211205-1