At the doctor appointment (which was an utter nightmare because I did both kid's well child at the same app so we were there for 2 hours and the doc called Olive fat but that's another story) he described Milo as intense. I found that so fascinating because that is the 3rd doctor to say that about him. It's not that I don't agree, there is major intensity in this little man, but I'm just surprised that they see it so fast. His stats were exactly the same as his 2 month, 40 percentile for height and 75 percentile for weight, so he's kinda a short, round little guy. Weighing in at 16 pounds means that his cheeks and thighs are very very squishy and that's just how we like them. People will comment to me how chubby he is and I will tell them "You should have seen his sister at this age"
How handsome is he? I just think he is the best looking baby around! At 4 months he is constantly sticking his tongue out, especially when he smiles. His hands are always in his mouth but likes to suck on almost anything and everything. He likes to grab things with his feet and is surprisingly strong when I try to pry something out of his clamped toes. He likes baths now. He has had some adorable belly laughs. He can do tummy time now that his stomach is feeling better. He can bat at things and is almost able to grab them. He likes his jumper and the bjorn because they hold him straight upright. He cries in the swing now. He is swaddled still at night but kicks his legs like crazy and often undoes our super burrito wrap. He is really quite strong. He likes to stand up. He is timid and nervous about people, often crying even if it's only grandma that's holding him. He is easily startled. He still loves to be bounced on your knee but will settle for sitting on your lap. He doesn't like his bumbo, bouncer or any other seat for longer than ten minutes. He screams (seriously screams) on all car rides so that makes you think twice about going somewhere. He likes to watch what is happening around him, especially his sister. He really likes when Olive shows him things or plays with him. He's just adorable! (and sorry for the stream of consciousness but I'm on a time crunch here)
My cute sister in law bought our boys matching overall outfits and we thought this was the perfect time to get some real photos of them together. Turns out it was a disaster! They didn't have any good props for these guys because they aren't quite sitting yet. Nothing worked out. So, here is a funny look at the worst photo shoot ever.

Nice right? Two babies balancing atop a chair, neither one happy about it. Honestly though, could these little guys be more different?
The lady kept scaring Milo because she would use loud sounds to get their attention but all it did was make him cry every time. She never tried any other tactic and so most of our photos have this sad face in them. In this photo he is actually looking at me and I feel like his face says "WHY are you doing this to me?"
This random couch in their waiting room was the ONLY thing they had that would sit them up so these are the best photos we got. Notice how Milo's hand is in/almost in his mouth in every photo.
This is the one I ended up getting printed. It's as good as we were going to get.








3 comments:
Oh my goodness, he is SO CUTE!! I love love love hearing all the things he's doing. And yay for you guys getting some sleep! It really does make a huge difference in how you feel.
He really is a cute little guy. And he ways more than Cecily! I'm so surprised. She wasn't quite up to 15 pounds at her 4 month.
That photoshoot.... Oh boy... that is funny. It really is a tricky age for photos.
Weighs! Duh! Let's blame that one on a lack of sleep. Because my little girl is still refusing to sleep through the night and still wakes up every 3 hours. --Which is actually a huge improvement, but still!
Post a Comment