Since we found out Milo was a boy we have been slowly getting things together for their room. I had to change my plans a little because I thought for sure he was a girl. I had plans that my girls were going to share the girliest room ever.
And since I have been talking about the kids so much this week, I thought to top it off I should show their room and all the things I made for them in it. I am really happy with how the kids' room has turned out and think that it is going to work perfectly for them. We just finished some last minute projects so we are now ready for Milo to come (although he won't be in there for awhile).
It's nothing fancy but, I love their room.
Let's start with Olive's side.
Once I decided on pink, brown, and green things started coming together pretty easily. I was very excited when I was at Pottery Barn Kids and found green polka dot duvet cover on super sale. It was a twin size cover so I cut it in half for it to fit our toddler bed and crib. Now they have matching comforters! It was awesome. Then I snatched up the pink pillow case and I think it works perfectly.
I saw some flower balls similar to this in a cute boutique. I thought it was such a simple idea but could bring so much style to a room. I altered my design a bit to have the colors match the decor. I really like how they look and they were so cheap and easy. They really make her side seem girly.
Since there are so many other things going on in their room with green/brown/ pink/ blue and polka dots and such, I thought it would be best if all other accents were just neutral. So we chose white for the shelving, barbie house, and picture frames as a way to not overwhelm the room. Well, this little white lamp was too white so I quickly added some pink ribbon to it.
We had to kind of cram this doll collection together. I feel like it looks kinda crazy, but we didn't have anywhere else for it to go. Olive loves it and it is very special to me so I'm glad we were able to find a place to display it all.One thing that was important to me was that even though they are sharing a room, I want them to each have their own space in there. Here is Olive's.
She is so into books right now and we needed more storage, this little reading nook was just perfect. She has her own space to store her treasures and important things. I have already talked about how much she loves this chair. It is just her little space and I think that is so charming.
There you have Olive's side all together:
Here is what the middle looks like.
One side has the gigantic barbie house. If you remember I coordinated everything in the barbie house to also be pink/green/brown too. I don't know if it really made any difference but I like to think that it helps the flow of the room. Plus maybe someday Olive with think it's fun her barbies match her room. Anyway, the opposite wall has the changing table.Now, Milo's side:
Luckily his bedding was so easy to find too. First, see the matching comforter? So, that was already taken car of. We had decided on a space theme for his side. As luck would have it we found some green and blue rocket sheets on sale at Target. I think they work great. Then the polka dot brown bumper tied everything together. It was quite nice that it was such a breeze because I looked for Olive's bedding forever before we had her.
Scott was kind enough to make some space themed paintings. I think they turned out great and help this girly room feel more manly.
This is basically the same thing just another angle. Cute right?
So, what do you think? Can you see the elements I tried to tie into to both sides so that it would all flow? Do the pops of pink and blue work? Am I way over thinking this? Do you think I'm crazy? Between the bedspreads, flowers, paintings, barbie house and everything I guess it makes sense why it has taken months to get their room all put together. I'm so glad it is done now. I mean, if his room is ready, that must mean that Milo can come!






3 comments:
Seriously, you are so good at things like this! I'm always uber impressed when I see your posts invoking decorating/ crafting/ creativity. The room looks awesome!
Way cute! I never would of thought of rockets for a boy, but they really are sooo cute! Everything in the girls room is going to be pink and brown, so I'm sure you know how I feel about all the brown :)
I love it! How do you make those flower balls? I think it'd be fun to put some in my girls' room...
Post a Comment